Monday, January 11, 2010

Another Home Improvement Project

I have been talking about this project from some time now. I just needed my husband to get on board with me and schedule someone to do this project....my brother in law Chevy!
This is what you see as you enter our house. Its very unique. Our very own rocks!
This use to be a glassed in area for a green house before we bought this house 4 years ago.
We changed out the fountain but never use it. Now that we have Matthis and he and his friends love the rocks I was concerned with someone getting hurt or Matthis throwing the rocks! Mind you I have stepped off in them a few times myself and loosing my balance. So I thought this would be the perfect spot for my 2009 Christmas tree.


Little did I know there were more rocks under the top layer and then dirt!
Matthew was suppose to do 1/2 and me the other. My side is done and I ended up doing the whole thing!
Finished...at least my part! The morning this was suppose to be done Matthew got the stomach bug so it had to wait another week. I was impatient and put my tree up in the dining room. The following weekend the project was underway. This was taken with my phone so not the best quality in this low light area of the house. The cement is still wet here.
It took a couple of days for the cement to dry so we had to keep 3 dogs and a kid off it. Not an easy task. With Matthew's assistance I moved my tree to this area and the day before Christmas I had Matthew go to Home Depot to get an area rug to go over this area and under my tree!
Now that the tree is gone I have to figure out what to do in this area.
Till then....

























No comments:

Post a Comment